Monday, December 8, 2014

TRI University: Getting there



Team training has officially begun! I have a lot to share from this weekend, so I'm going to break it into a few posts.

On Saturday morning, we had our first meeting in Mill Valley. I made sure to get a good night’s sleep the night before and woke up with plenty of time to have some coffee and breakfast before the 45 minute drive to Tamalpais High School. 

For those of you who know me, you know that I have an extremely small bladder. I mean, sometimes it’s excruciatingly small and inconvenient. You’ve probably watched TV with me before, where I have to pee every single commercial break. If we’ve had a sleepover, you know that I must be on the outside closest to the restroom because I wake up a couple of times every night to go. Or, you’ve been on a car ride with me, where we have to stop at multiple gas stations. I know my family will vouch for this; they’ve all spent many-a-family road trips searching for restrooms…it’s usually safe to add on a good half hour to travel time for short car trips! 

Well, my teeny tiny bladder was in full form on Saturday. I went to the bathroom a good 4 times before leaving my apartment (that’s being awake for only one hour). I got into my car and pulled out of my apartment’s garage. As I was about to turn onto the main road…you guessed it! I had to go to the bathroom again. So, I re-parked and ran back into my apartment to go. RIDICULOUS!

I did not make it the entire 45 minute drive. I had to pull off and find a Starbucks to go to the bathroom. I barely made it in time! After anxiously waiting in the parking lot for the rush of late morning coffee customers in the strip mall, I finally got a spot and ran into the store. I was not going to be that girl that shows up on day 1 and has pee’d her pants! Luckily I made it and avoided that embarrassment. After this detour, I was back on my way to TRI training. I arrived 10 minutes later…and headed straight to the restroom to go again. 

This was an exceptionally ridiculous morning for my bladder. I think it was probably due to nerves about my first meeting and all of the new people. Here's a map of my route and bathroom stops!



1 comment:

  1. I love your landmark toilets. Please make this a regular thing throughout your training. Thanks! :P

    ReplyDelete