Wednesday, August 13, 2014

It's not much, but it's a start!

I spoke with my Team in Training mentor yesterday. Her name is Meredith and she will be answering my questions along the way and helping me out with fundraising ideas. She said that I chose a great triathlon for my first one. I decided if I was going to train really hard and finish a triathlon, I would reward myself with doing one in an amazing location. So, I signed up for the Lavaman Waikoloa Triathlon in HAWAII

The Lavaman swim starts off with a beautiful 1500 meter (.9 Miles) Pacific Ocean swim that starts at Anaeho'omalu Bay at Waikoloa Beach
  
The bike portion is a 40 Kilometer trek on a portion of the Ironman World Champion Bike Course. 
And the run portion is a 10 kilometer run that boasts to be one of triathlons most scenic.

If you want to learn more about the Lavaman Waikoloa Triathlon, check out the website: http://www.lavamantriathlon.com

 My mentor told me that the coaches will not be reaching out to me until November. So, in the meantime, I need to come up with my own training plan to start working towards the intense training series that I will have with my team. I'm going to look up different training schedules for beginners and create something that will work for me. In the meantime, I'm going to try biking to work whenever possible. It's not a far commute, but it's better than nothing. Here's this morning's ride tracked with the Strava app on my phone:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment